Thursday 4 December 2008

Another thing I blame you for

You, the government.

I am no fan of government, I believe (quite like American Republicans) that government should get out of our way, and let us get on with living our lives freely.

But there are numerous things we need government for, safety and justice are a couple but certainly not to control the price of nasi kandar and teh tarik.

Nurin's death struck me hard, I am not related to her, but I feel for her family and as I write this my eyes are welling up. Reading about what happened to her, how the pictures came out, pictures I did not and would not see, I just can't accept how justice has not prevailed.

Nurin's uncle had proposed an alert system to be named after her, just like the US' AMBER alert which was named after Amber Hagerman who was abducted and murdered in Texas in 1996.

What in fuck has been going on the ministry for this to not have been implemented. The minister in charge, Ng Yen Yen, came out and said there was no proposal a few weeks ago on the 16th of November, and a week after that on the 23rd, claimed there was a system in place but it was not to be named after Nurin. If we had had a system like this, we might have saved numerous lives. Yes the word is might, and we might not have had a child killed in such a manner.

Yen Yen should resign, shut her fucking trap and when another avoidable case comes up, I hope she has blood on her hands. Her apathy sickens me.

No comments: